The College encourages everyone in the W&J community to report crimes and other emergencies promptly to the W&J Department of Campus & Public Safety, or to other appropriate police agencies if off campus. At sessions conducted for freshmen and their parents, participants are advised to report all information regarding any incident to the W&J Department of Campus & Public Safety. The Department of Campus & Public Safety presents seminars and publications that offer crime-prevention tips and emphasize the importance of reporting crimes.
A student, Residence Life Coordinator, College Security or Police Officer, or any other member of the W&J community can also refer a violation of the Student Code of Conduct to the 学生生活 Office.
- You can report criminal activity or other emergencies to the W&J Department of Campus & Public Safety by calling 911 or x6032 from a campus phone or 724-223-6032 from a non-campus phone.
- Picking up a campus emergency phone. These phones ring directly into the Department of Campus & Public Safety, automatically registering the location of the caller.
- Visiting the Department of Campus & Public Safety located next to the Visitor Parking Lot in Old Main.
- Contacting the Resident Assistant (RA), 学生生活 Staff; or other College officials who will then contact the W&J Department of Campus & Public Safety.
A: Yes. W&J’s counseling services includes a confidential reporting system that allows victims of a crime to report an incident anonymously. W&J counselors and contracted agencies advise student crime victims that the College forwards nonidentifying information regarding that crime to the police for inclusion in the annual statistical report. The identity of the victim remains anonymous.
A: Hazing is absolutely prohibited on the W&J campus (see the anti hazing policy). Students who feel they have been victims of hazing should contact the Department of Campus & Public Safety, or the Office of 学生生活 724-229-5120.
A. W&J offers several crime-prevention workshops, seminars, and public safety meetings throughout the year. Programs are sponsored by the Office of Residence Life (for resident students), various student organizations, and other campus departments and organizations.
- Programs are presented once a year or upon request by Residence Life Staff, Residents, Student Leaders, or any member of the W&J Community.